SCMSA 20th Summer School On Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease
We have always been told not to mix business with pleasure. But what if business itself was to become pleasure?!
From Egypt; a historical crucible of history and beauty, Suez Canal Medical Students’ Association is calling for
"The 20th SCMSA Summer School on Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine", with just the right amount of each of our secret ingredients;
- Business; a once in a lifetime opportunity to gain experience about infectious diseases & tropical medicine.
- Pleasure; the opportunity to explore the treasures of The country.
Excited already? Then read on. Here are the juicy details:
- The courses entail a variety of activities, from clinical sessions, to classes, lectures and seminars.
The courses start at the 25th of July, and end at the 7th of August 2017 (Plus an optional 4 day trip to Sharm El Sheikh or Hurghada, so the whole thing ends on the 10th of August, 2017)
- For who:
Medical and para-medical students, graduates, and post graduates around the world.
- Number of Participants:
20 - 40 students; you should rather hurry up and register NOW! Because number is limited!
- Deadline for Applications: 15th of March 2017 (for early registration).
- Deadline for late registration: 15th of June 2017
- Course fees:
Special offer for groups:
Early Group of ten 350 Euros each
Early Group of five 380 Euros each
Early Group of three 400 Euros each
Late group registrations will cost 20 more Euros.
EMSA members: 400 Euros only
Early individual registration: 420 Euros
Late individual registration: 460 Euros
Onspot registration: 500 Euros
The fees will cover:
- Scientific course at Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Suez Canal University Teaching Hospitals, Infectious diseases hospital & Chest diseases hospital in Ismailia.
- Air conditioned accommodation in Ismailia, Egypt.
- Transportation during the whole summer school period in air conditioned buses.
- 2 meals per day, during all working days.
In addition, a professionally designed social program is included which entails the following:
- A Social program inside & outside of Ismailia.
- A two day trip to Cairo, including transportation and air conditioned accommodation. We are going to pay a visit to the great Pyramids, as well as the colossal Sphinx. Get ready as we are about to gain deeper insights into the sacred secrets of the pharaohs!
- Cairo's museum will be our next stop, where you'll be introduced to some of the most historical highlights of the country.
Qale't Mohamed Aly, which is yet another notable part of our plan, is no exception!
Apart from the orthodox shopping outing that's undertaken at the renowned Khan El Khalily stores, where you could bargain for quality souvenirs of historical and cultural magnificence, we are going to embark on exhilarating shopping tours of all kinds! As a final culmination of our plan for the capital, a Nile cruise is scheduled for the adamant Cairo fans!
- A two days trip to Alexandria, including transportation and air conditioned accommodation. Having quenched your ever compelling curiously of all what the capital has to offer, we invite you over to our two day excursion to the country's second greatest; Alexandria! It's a city that's well recognized for its dazzling extravaganzas of nightlife, beaches, and a peculiar weather that no other city dares to emulate! If you're already stoking for your next dose of culture and history, you ought to help yourself to our next two treats as we steer our wheels to the ever enticing edifice of the Library of Alexandria, as well as the enormous Citadel of Qaitbay.
- A Half-day Trip to Portsaid city:
Brace yourself for the Semsmya, a sacred tradition of dance and music totally peculiar to this magical city, as it's performed against the astonishing theatricality the sea has to offer!
- A half-day trip to Ein EL-Sokhna city:
Remember not to drop the swimsuit while packing, as you're about to witness ultimate beauty of the marine life and coral reef of the Red Sea, one of the mostly visited waters across the world, owing to its immense purity and its breathtaking bonanza of life and diversity!
- A visit to 6th of October War Memorials in Sinai.
- A certificate for all those who complete the course.
- A white coat and a stethoscope. A camera will come in handy as well!. YOUR international Student Card is a MUST! Your Country flag ;)
Optional Social Program: fees not yet decided.
- Optional half day trip to Safari and Sand boarding in Wady El Rayan.
- Optional four-day trip will be organized to either Sharm El sheikh and/or Dahab/Hurghada. Dahab is best known for scuba diving and snorkeling.
On land activities should as well be mentioned, including camel and horse riding, cycling, mountain-biking trips, jeep and quad bike trips.
And most importantly, yes we're talking to you sky lovers, stargazing!
-Sharm el Shekh also promises you magnificent views of the sea, sky and weather.
- Other optional trips to different parts of Egypt (Hurghada, Luxor, Aswan or any other cities) may be organized upon your request.
- Official Language: English
- Climate and Clothing:
The weather is sunny & warm in July and August; the average temperature ranges from 30 to 35°c, the reason why Egypt is one of the most beautiful countries during this period of the year.
Contact SCMSA - Summer School Coordinator for further information regarding payment transfer.
Mr. Amro M. El-Metaafy